Our purpose is to enable international creative industries of all sizes to maximise the impact of their work in China. We do this as a united and influential force — advocating for fairer market conditions, delivering essential industry knowledge, mentoring and training businesses, and enabling the best creative talent to enter our firms.
We are proud to present the Creative Industries & Marketing Directory China 2022. Another thirty international agencies have recently joined the Directory which now comprises 130 of the best international creative and marketing firms from all over China.
Widely distributed, the Creative Industries & Marketing Directory is a much needed tool for marketing teams, brand managers, event organisers and business executives who wish to connect the best international agencies and talent operating in China today.
Featuring companies of all sizes — from micro to mega — the Directory represents a broad range of creative disciplines from Architecture, Design and Marketing to Photography, Theatre and Film companies and more. Click the button below to see or download the latest edition!
Creative Industries includes a diverse range of international creative firms — from large to small, from niche to multi-disciplinary. Despite our unique differences, we are a collective of ‘creatives’ who are empowered to share intelligence and become influential advocates on the issues that matter most to our community. Our Creative Industries include:
As a member company, you can benefit from the activities of this community in a many ways suited to your size or discipline:
• Speak at our many Knowledge Exchange events to share your expertise and increase the profile of your firm and its people
• Influence our Advocacy work contributing to the Chamber’s annual ‘Position Paper’ and ‘Sentiment Surveys’
• Be part of our new Creative Industries Index, a directory of our international creative firms
• Publish strategic research reports to promote your specialism further
• Participate in an insightful Live Lounge Podcast about pressing issues such as “Pricing Creativity” or “Killing the Pitch”
• Celebrate your industry awards amongst the wider community
• Collaborate with other CI members for social impact initiatives in China
• Recruit the best returning talent from the UK’s best creative colleges plus so much more!
Founder & CEO, JWDK
Head of Proposition Marketing – Asia, St. James’s Place
Head of Marketing Asia, Hays
Director East China, British Council; Consul (Culture and Education), British Consulate General Shanghai
Senior Trade and Investment Officer, Department for International Trade
Jacquelien Postigo Brussee
China CEO, Jones Knowles Ritchie
Global CEO, Cowan
Deputy Executive Director,
The British Chamber of Commerce Shanghai
Founder and Managing Director, iStage Academy
Managing Partner, The Orangeblowfish
Studio Director, GM & Founder, KANVID
Global Marketing Director,
Regional Director, Trade and Investment, China
Invest Northern Ireland
Managing Director, Hola Daisy
The gaming industry is booming in China. At the recently concluded 19th ChinaJoy (the China Digital Entertainment Expo and Conference), a half-year report was released and stated that China’s gaming industry saw total sales revenue up 7.89 per cent year-on-year to hit 150.5 billion yuan ($23.3 billion) over the first six months in 2021. By the end of June in 2021, the number of game players in China topped over 666 million, up 1.38 per cent from a year earlier.