The University of Manchester China Centre
The University of Manchester, one of the top research universities in the UK, has nurtured 25 Nobel Prize winners since 1824. Named world’s Number ONE university by THE Impact Ranking 2021, the University is the UK’s only university to have social responsivity as a core goal by leading sustainable development .
We are the only UK university with a presence in 5 Global hubs. Our unrivalled footprint spans Manchester, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Dubai and Singapore.
Founded in 2008, The University of Manchester China Centre has devoted herself to being a successful ambassador of the University and making UoM alumni community visible and respected in China. After 14 years of endeavor, China Centre has become a leader in the field of international online/blended-learning in China region and will continue to be a world-class provider of transitional education.
- In 2016, the Centre was launched as The University of China Centre by Dame Prof. Nancy Rothwell.
- China Centre has supports over 2,000 Manchester Global MBA, online / blended learning part-time course students, and alumni as well as the 39,889 University of Manchester alumni in Greater China
- China Centre established strategic partnership with international and local companies including AstraZeneca, Unilever, Deloitte, Huawei, etc.
- The China Centre is bringing more online/blended-learning masters’ courses to China to benefit more working professionals from difference industry backgrounds including MSc Financial Management, MA Educational Leadership in Practice, MSc International Fashion Marketing, etc.
- In 2017, ‘Manchester Cloud (Mcloud)’ was officially launched, affiliated to the China Centre and the Manchester-China Forum. Mcloud links Chinese and British government organisations and Sino-UK talents in the fields of business, culture, art, education and science.
- In the autumn of 2020, China Centre welcomed a new site this autumn at L’Avenue, another landmark building in Shanghai, solidifying its status as a unique international centre of Manchester education in the region.